So, why should you buy outside plastic storage containers? what exactly are they? Are they waterproof? are they worth it? I know, you have so many questions in your mind, but that’s why we’re here.
In this Article, we’ll tell you why its a good idea to buy outside plastic storage containers.
What Are Outside Plastic Storage Containers?
Outside Plastic Storage Containers. Or better known as ” Garden Storage Boxes” or “Keter Storage Boxes”. These kinds of storage boxes are used to store tools, wheelie bins, garden equipments and bikes.
but why should you use them? well they make your outdoor storage a bit more easy to manage, if you don’t want your garden all cluttered up. If you’re practically sick of finding important stuff in your garden shed.
Then you should invest in an outside plastic storage container.
How Much Is A Garden Shed In The UK?
It depends entirely upon the storage box. If its 1200L then you can expect it to cost around 150Pounds. If its. The lowest you can find is a 60L box, which costs around 10pounds. And the highest they can cost is 400pounds for a 2000L box.
What Can I Store Inside These Containers?
You can store pretty much anything, tools, scrap material, car parts, screws, metal, it could be anything, but let me tell you what you should not store in them.
- Cardboard: Don’t store Cardboard in them because if by any chance even a little bit of the cardboard gets wet, then it’ll start to make your outside plastic storage container damp and smelly.
- Food: This is a no brainer. People like to buy raw food in bulk and store it. But garden sheds are not made to store food, so you definitely don’t want to do that. The food may rot and as a result of that you may have to deal with pests.
- Electronic Items: You can store electronic items if they’re tightly packed in a film or some kind of protective material, but i would say its better to be safe than sorry.
- Artwork and photos: As tempting as it may seem. Don’t do it. It’s a common practice to store artwork and old photos in your outside storage container. But it’s not safe.
There are some ways to store the above stuff in your outside plastic storage container. But generally it’s better to not store them in a garden shed at all.
How Long Do Outside Storage Containers Last?
You can expect these big plastic boxes to last upto 20 years. But if kept with really care then they may even last 50 years!
But it depends on how you use them, if you don’t listen to our advice and store stuff that’s going to destroy your box then they may be ruined in as little as 5 years.
So use them properly and they’ll last a long time.
Can You Sit On An Outside Storage Container?
Why would you want to do that? Is it made for sitting or is it made to store important stuff? If you bought the box for sitting primarily then by all means, go ahead.
But if you bought it to store important outdoor stuff then i wouldn’t recommend that you sit on it. Don’t get me wrong, a 2000L outside plastic storage container can easily handle a 100Kilo Load on its lid.
But it’s not recommended to use it for this purpose.
Do Keter Plastic Sheds Need A Base?
If you’re going to invest in a good quality outside plastic storage container, then it will most likely come with a base. Especially if its a big one like a 2000L Keter Plastic Shed.
But why does it need the base? Let me explain.
The base is basically there to help support the shed under heavy pressure. It serves the purpose of supporting the rest of the shed by handling the load of the stuff in there.
Are Outside Storage Containers Water Proof?
It depends upon which one you buy. There are some outdoor storage boxes that have a lining for water resistance. But Generally they don’t have one and you have to waterproof them yourself.
How Do You Keep Your Outside Plastic Storage Container Damp Free?
There are several ways to your outdoor storage shed damp free. Let’s go through the methods one by one.
- The first thing you can do to keep your storage shed damp free is to not store materials that encourage humidity, such as cardboard, wood, furniture and absorbing materials.
- Try to improve airflow, there are a few ways to do that. One of the ways to improve airflow and keep moisture out of your storage container is to drill in a few holes on the bottom of your container.
- Consider a de humidifier. This one is a last resort, you can use a dehumidifier to keep humidity and moisture out of your plastic storage container.
If you have a lot of storage stuff, spare parts or anything big that requires a big storage space then you should invest in outside plastic storage containers.
They will not only help you to store your stuff but also help you organize it.
Take a look at more plastic storage boxes.